InnORBIT's local space initiatives
InnORBIT provides tailored support to innovation intermediaries - digital innovation hubs, clusters, industry associations and other enabling organisations - to set up their own local initiatives and support local innovators - entrepreneurs, startups and scaleups - to scale up their activities in the upstream, downstream and midstream space sector, as well as in sectors that could benefit from space-enabled technologies, data and services.
InnORBIT's local space initiatives are offered to innovation intermediaries with diverse backgrounds, experiences and capabilities. Training from space and entrepreneurship experts are provided, promising to complement organisations' competencies to make the best out of the commercial space sectors and inspire their ecosystems to be part of this experience.
Innovation intermediaries participating in InnORBIT's pilots may choose from:
- Space Sprints, Incubators and Accelerators
- Space Cafes
- Space Hackathons
- Space entrepreneurs' instruction
- Knowledge hub
InnORBIT brings local space initiatives to life through its two complementary programmes, (i) the Capacity Building Programme for innovation intermediaries and (ii) the Business Support Programme for innovators.
Capacity Building Programme
InnORBIT's local space initiatives respond to the needs of innovation intermediaries with or without experience in the space sector. Our Capacity Building Programme ensures that innovation intermediaries build all the necessary skills to set up their local space initiatives and provide high-quality business support services to innovators willing to conduct business in space and space-related sectors.
InnORBIT's Capacity Building Programme for innovation intermediaries encompasses an array of well-designed services supported by our space and business experts:
- Dedicated sessions for the selection of the best local space initiatives and customisation to ecosystem needs and development plan of the innovation intermediary.
- Self-paced training through a large selection of MOOCs in our e-learning platform.
- Provision of assistance in resources and activity planning for setting up and running local space initiatives.
- Progress assessment - Support and advisory services provision during the training phase.
Business Support Programme
InnORBIT’s business support programme aims at delivering a tailored blend of incubation and acceleration services all of them carefully selected to meet the needs of entrepreneurs, start-ups and scale-ups seeking to drive value from the commercial application of space technologies in space or non-space areas. InnORBIT's experts will provide assistance to innovation intermediaries in effective implementation through materials, courses, technical support and tools. Our Business Support Services packed in local space initiative include:
- Business and technical mentoring
- Awareness raising about EU space support programmes and initiatives
- Awareness raising about Copernicus, Galileo and DIAS
- Hands-on support to access to finance and funding opportunities
- Matchmaking events, demo days and networking
- Community building and networking